Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Rusty with a chance of Atari...

Well, well, it seems odd to write down my thoughts again. I used to blog like crazy on Yahoo 360 years ago. That site was amazing for a while, before myspace somewhat killed it. I felt a great sense of connection with many people I had never seen or might ever see in person. Sharing personal points of view while being called out on them, was truly compelling. I don't have much going on today, taking it easy on my first day off from work. It's cloudy out, snow is melting, and I might go to the city in a bit. I'm thinking if I'm going to start blogging again, I should make some new videos of the kids and stuff. Perhaps if I occupy my time with more positive projects, it will lead to a less bored self and propel me into even more positive areas. Oh, that reminds me, it's time to look through some old negatives.

I made this video the night my mother passed away. I geared it toward old family members, my brothers, niece Brooke, and my kids, figuring I could play it at our memorial lunch. Looking back now, I'm really amazed at how great times were even though I grew up poor and she had so much tragedy in her life. You might spot my brother keith who had an accident as a toddler. He never learned to walk again after hitting his head from a fall. He died the day before his 9th birthday as I recall. Obviously, my mom didn't speak very often about him, or about specifics. I can't imagine what that would have been like to go through, especially with her struggles in marriage and other family tragedies. I miss her, and her laugh.


Watch The Dance in Family | View More Free Videos Online at Veoh.com

Garth Brooks-The Dance

3 comments:

  1. That's a great tribute video, I'm sure your family really loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I wasn't trying to start off so sad, but it's pretty much where I left off on my other blog. I'm looking forward to this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember this video. Still very touching.
    It will be good to see you write again. :)

    ReplyDelete