Sunday, April 4, 2010

These things found?


These things we have, we sometimes ignore. The things we find, we notice, sometimes briefly, sometimes more than we should. Sometimes we ignore our given demons, and then innocently invite another. I've felt that way. How to get back, back to the way we were? Obviously, that is a journey seldom take, given that there is so much we have learned, loved, and feel we cannot give up, simply for a new start. I admire those that live for a higher purpose, and instead of settling into a good place for the now, they take even more on, knowing the love they give will be returned. You know what, scrap that last part. Do they know the love they give will be returned? I don't see how they, or anyone, could be absolutely positive about that. The big difference, is the biggest difference. I believe this family I think of, doesn't have a return policy on the agenda. I might be wrong, but through knowing just one of them, I think the love they all show, throughout the years to come for these children they have adopted, will change more than the people close to them. Imagine a ripple effect, imagine the best people you've known, and then imagine how great an influence they were on you, and on many others. I've known some great people, they aren't in history books yet. Then again, there are many ways to get into a history book, more so, these days. That's why I know the Redburn Family, though growing as we speak, should be read about. History books are normally boring. We find out such great things about others and ourselves by choices made not in haste, but often in a greater patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment